Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Kid's craft gone crazy

I told you I was going to look around and see what creative things from my pre-blog days I could show you. But then things got a little busy around here last week, so I owe you pictures from that jumble of beads I teased you with.

Unfortunately, it doesn't photograph quite to the level it is in person, but I think you'll get the idea.

CRW_9985

I made this 6 years ago. I have a slight tendency to get a little obsessed at times. This was one of those times. :)

CRW_0001

Each bead is made from a triangle piece of a National Geographic magazine page. Every waking moment for a solid month was spent making this crazy curtain!! The outcome is actually quite amazing for a bunch of rolled up pieces of paper. All the colors come together and give it a lot of depth and movement.

CRW_9995

Right now it's hanging up at a gallery space we have at work and has received a lot of great responses. Makes me laugh just a little since it is based on a kid's craft!! I guess what separates it thought is the sheer volume of beads that were made!

CRW_0016

CRW_9991

CRW_9987

I'd kind of like to make another one, but on a smaller scale and at much more leisurely pace!!
Hope you enjoy catching a glimpse into my insane creative process!!

xoxo Lori Danelle


This post is linked to Today's Creative Blog.

5 comments:

  1. oh my! It got me curious to know how long did your insane process take to come up wit something so grand!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The curtain is roughly 5'x6' and took me a month. However, it was a month while I as still in school and for some insane reason, had no job. So I made beads. Every waking moment was spent making beads. I really wish I was kidding!!!

    I mentioned obsessed, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. W-O-W. That's awesome!

    Hi there! I found you via another blog on my reader and I'm so happy to find another Nashville blogger! Are you going to blogHer this year? I'm going for the first time. I also love to make things and have a 2 1/2 year old. Let's chat! :)

    V.W.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cool! What kind of hooks did you use, though? I think this would be a cool project to make garland for a Christmas tree... I might have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. . . . I made the hooks too. . .

    I used a coil of wire, cut it into the proper length and then bent one end into a loop. After placing the finished bead on it, I bent the other end into a loose loop that could be connected to another wire and then closed fully.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad that you've stopped by this blog & I LOVE hearing your feedback and questions — however, as this blog is no longer active I may not see it!! But no worries! I've moved all content from this blog to my new website and would appreciate it if you visited me over there: Lori Danelle.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails