Friday, September 4, 2009

I need your help

I've been working on a little something. . .OK, potentially a big something.
For me anyway.

See, I'd like to start my own business. I want to design and make fun, bold, whimsical dresses (perfect for twirling!!) and clothing for your little girls. Right now it is in the very infant stages. . .mostly in my head. But that's the way I work. I've been mulling and planning for awhile. And now, I'm taking baby steps.

This is where you come in.

I'm working on a logo. I mean after all, you can't have a business without a logo!!! I was wondering if you could give me some feedback and tell me what you think of it at this point. Love it? Hate it? Could care less?

Grey&Reese_Final

Oh, and the name. That's the sister's middle names. Charlie Reese & Peyton Grey. I love making dresses for my two little munchkins and seeing them happily twirling (well, just Charlie for now. we'll give Peyton just a little more time.) in the dresses I created just for them.

I hope to give that to your girls as well. And make them incredibly cute in the process!!!!

I've been designing clothing my whole life. To some degree. . .

When I was a little girl I made dresses out of socks for my Barbie dolls. In junior high and high school I designed books and books of ice skating costumes and wedding dresses—and then gave them to classmates to color. I've been sewing since my Grandma taught me when I was about 12. And I rarely use patterns or stick to them when I do.

Granted, at this point you might be thinking "I really haven't seen to many children's dresses on this blog" and you're right. And you might not for awhile. I sort of have this house to finish remodeling and a full time job and such. But you will see more. And one day you just might find yourself buying a dress for your little one from me.

I hope that day comes sooner rather than later!!

But please let me know what you think of the logo. Even if you've never left a comment before, I'd love to hear your opinion.

7 comments:

  1. Logo looks good. I don't have a logo and ought to do that sometime. I picked my kids middle names for my etsy shop too. Perry Jayne. Although, every couple weeks when my house is messy and I'm busy filling orders and feel overwhelmed, I plan on closing up shop. Then of course I never do. :)
    Good luck in your business ventures! Can't wait to see more pretty dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The logo is really cute; I love how it looks both grown-up and little-girly at the same time. The only thing I might like to see is how it looks in colors other than black.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is best to build a logo in black & white and then once it's done add color. That way you can be sure it will work in any format. The final will not be black! Don't you worry!! :) Thanks for the feedback!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was going to write you and tell you I like your "pj Friday" idea! I really like the logo - how exciting! :) Good luck - hopefully I'll get to buy a dress for Avery sometime! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the logo idea and style as well! Being a sister...do you think there will be any jealousy because little sister's name is before big sister's?!
    I too hope I can get a twirly dress for Lo too! Your girls are super cute (and always lookin' sylin'!!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Michele, I have considered the little is first issue, and honestly, she's first because with that font the names somehow magically fit together in that order. And it's alphabetical, so I can always fall back on that for a reason!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I realy like it!!! I can see it in a huge store window front now!! I am excited for you and hope that I can get some dresses for my little princess!!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad that you've stopped by this blog & I LOVE hearing your feedback and questions — however, as this blog is no longer active I may not see it!! But no worries! I've moved all content from this blog to my new website and would appreciate it if you visited me over there: Lori Danelle.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails